Top 10 Tips for a Better Life
Those little things that we’ve been told all our lives wander into the deeper recesses of our minds, and we sometimes only remember them when it’s too late. Here are a few reminders that should make your life easier.
- Remember what you want in the big picture instead of what you think you must have this very moment. Most things we desire are not needs; they are wants. Being with your money promotes self-confidence and peace of mind.
- Get a good night’s . If you are tired, you cannot function at your best, and you need to be at the top of your game as much as possible. So turn off the TV and sleep. It’s good for you, emotionally and physically.
- Don’t loan money to those close to you. If you feel they deserve your help, make it a gift, because an unpaid loan can undo a . I usually offer to give 10 percent of what’s requested and suggest the person find nine more friends like me.
- Write thank-you notes by hand. Hardly anyone does this anymore, yet it can be so meaningful. Taking the time to write a thank-you note shows that you truly appreciated the gift.
- Give some love to a person in need. Visit a rest home where you don’t know anyone and have a conversation with a stranger. Go to the hospital and volunteer, or read to children at the library. You will feel better for it.
- When someone loses a pet, don’t say, “Well it was only an animal.” People bond with their like children, and those pets become family members. So be sensitive when someone you know suffers such a loss.
- When you think back on your life, focus on the good that has come your way, not on what you think you may have missed. Remember that no matter how many goodies other people you know have, your life is more abundant than most on the planet.
- It’s okay to slow down. Some people try to pack as much as they can into a day or a vacation. If you take a little more time getting things done or going places, you won’t and you’ll see much more.
- Read a book that you’ve read before. This is like reconnecting with an old friend. Plus, rereading an old book will call forth from the time you last read the story.
- Give yourself a gift. It may be traveling to a distant land or simply taking the day off. Whatever you decide on doing, enjoy it with every ounce of energy and appreciation in you. Know that you deserve it!
Life is full of wonderful miracles to be found almost everywhere you look. The problem is that most people are wearing blinders, simply plodding through the day without appreciating the world around them. This world offers so many opportunities for a joyful existence. Please take some time each day to experience the wonders all around you.